Friday, February 14, 2014

Happy V Day

To celebrate, I give you Dmitri & Rose pictures:





Yep. I saw Vampire Academy.


It was awesome.

I dragged the boyfriend with me (he has not read the books) and we trekked down to Times Square, dodged the sightseeing guys who wanted us to get on a bus to "see NY" (when we turned down his offer, he asked if it was because the boyfriend was too tall, um what?).


We settled into the theater and watched the previews--including A Fault in Our Stars which managed to make me feel a little weepy already.

Then the movie started.

My favorite part about it was Rose.


Which doesn't surprise me. She's my favorite part of the books too.

I love her sense of humor and her character arc and the way that she really comes into her own in these books.

I also really loved Lissa and Christian in the movie.


The chemistry between them really works.

I loved the movie, but of course I did. I love the books. And seeing a book I loved on screen is so much fun.

The true testament though is that the boyfriend also had fun. And he wanted to hear about Dmitri and Rose's future from the books. He might have even declared they were his favorite YA couple. I think that means it must be pretty awesome.

And with that, I leave you with my favorite thing about Vampire Academy.

Dmitri might be hot and I might love him and Rose, but this is more than just a love story. It's about best friends and the lengths you go for each other.





2 comments:

Luciana said...

I'm so excited to see this film! It looks so good, and knowing you liked it makes me think it'll be good!


DAMN ENGLAND HOWEVER

We don't get to view it for a long while yet. :(

Stacee said...

Yay! I LOVED this movie and hubs enjoyed it too. I thought the casting was perfect. I really hope they end up making more.

Search This Blog

 

elizabeth norris Copyright © 2011 -- Template created by O Pregador -- Powered by Blogger